The Wellness University (WU) is a semester-based curriculum of classes that offers Project Lazarus Residents crucial tools, resources, support and one-on-one guidance as they work toward securing and maintaining permanent housing, improving physical and mental wellness, and meeting their daily and long-term lifestyle goals.
We offer three main types of educational experiences at WU:
- 8-week courses
- Core Classes: HIV 101, Medication and Wellness, Financial Literacy and Self Empowerment.
- Rotating electives: These classes change each semester they include topics as varied as Career Development, Creative Writing, Photography, and Yoga.
- Weekly excursions:
- Weekly group trips include Jean Lafitte National Park, the Audubon Aquarium and Zoo, job fairs, plays, movies, and other community events.
- Weekly and Bi-Weekly Wellness Visits:
All residents are required to take two courses per semester, including at least two core curriculum courses.
- Certified therapists offer acupuncture, meditation and massage therapy.
Please see Course Catalog linked here.
For more information, please contact Jessica Kinnison, Wellness University Supervisor, at 504-949-3609 Ext. 521 or email@example.com.